They went skiing, five young people are trapped in Malësi e Madhe
The FBI searches President Biden's home in Delaware
The 29-year-old woman died 5 days after giving birth in Tirana
February 11 protest, Berisha convenes the parliamentary group in the blue headquarters
Accused of the murder of Briken Sanaj, Gjelosh Krasniqi is arrested in Kosovo
Administration, business and law lead/ The fields of study chosen by girls and boys in 2021
About 123,880 students were enrolled in 2021 in all higher education institutions, of which 73,493 (59%) are girls and the rest 50,387 (41%) are boys.
The majority of young Albanians study "business, administration and law". For the year 2021, there are 32,227 students registered in this profile, among them 19,180 (61%) are girls, and 12,417 are boys (39%).
"Engineering, production and construction" is the number two branch in terms of preference, 22 555 students are registered in 2021, where 15 210 are boys (67%) and the rest 7 345 (33%) are girls.
The third branch in terms of the number of registered students is "health and well-being" with 22,130 students registered in 2021. Of these, 5,165 (23%) are boys and 16,965 (77%) are girls.
The field with the lowest number of registered students is "Agriculture, forestry, fishing and veterinary" with only 2,770 students for 2021, of which 1,301 (47%) are girls and 1,469 are boys (53%) . Next comes the "services" field, which records 4,362 students registered in 2021. Of these, only 29% (1,244 students) are girls, while 71% (3,118) are boys.
The number of students enrolled in higher education has decreased over the years. The fields most affected by the decline are "Agriculture, forestry, fishing and veterinary" with a decrease in 2021 of minus 45% compared to 2018.
The decrease in 2021 from 2018 for the field of studies "Natural science, mathematics and statistics" was minus 36%. The fields of study "Social science, journalism and information" and "Arts and humanities" had almost the same decline.
On the other hand, there have also been some fields of study that have seen an increase in the number of registrations over the years. These fields are "Services" (2%), "Health and wellness" (7%) and "Engineering, manufacturing and construction" (13%).
Girls registered in 2021 show an increase in the fields of study "Health and well-being" (13%), "Engineering, production and construction" (9%) and "Business, administration and law" (1%).
The three fields that have suffered the greatest decrease in the number of registered girls are "Agriculture, forestry and fishing", "Arts and humanities" and "Social sciences, journalism and communication" (32%).
Në vitin 2021 ka pasur 15% më shumë djem të regjistruar në “Inxhinieri, prodhim dhe ndërtim” sesa në vitin 2018. Fusha tjetër që ka pasur rritje të numrit të djemve të regjistruar është “Shërbime” (6%).
Tre fushat me uljen më të madhe të numrit të djemve të regjistruar kanë qenë: “Shkenca natyrore, matematikë dhe statistikë”, “Bujqësi, pyje, peshkim dhe veterinari dhe “Shkenca sociale, gazetari dhe komunikim”.
Përsa i takon përzgjedhjes së degëve, vajzat preferojnë që të zgjedhin për të studiuar “biznes administrim dhe ligj”. 27% e vajzave të regjistruara në universitet publike apo private në vend për vitin 2021, studiojnë në këtë fushë studimi. Dega e dytë e preferuar për vajzat është “shëndet dhe mirëqënie”, profil ku studiojnë 23.1% e vajzave. Dega e tretë më e dëshiruar nga vajzat është “inxhinieri, prodhim dhe ndërtim” (10%).
Boys prefer studies in "Engineering, production and construction", where for 2021, 30.2% of them are registered.
24.6% of boys are registered in "Business, administration and law" and 11.1% of them were registered in 2021 in "Information and communication technology". These three branches have been the most preferred branches of boys throughout the years under review.
Girls prefer "Business, administration and law", while boys prefer "Engineering, production and construction". Girls have "Health and wellness" as their second choice, while boys have it as their fourth choice out of ten in total.
Boys choose "Information and Communication Technology", while girls choose eight out of ten in total.